Want to play a lead role in building out one of the largest special occasion retailers in the country? Are premier customer experiences important to you? Do you take pride in your organizational skills and attention to deal? Do you want to have a direct impact on some of the most important events a person will experience? If you answered yes to these questions, read on.
THE COMPANY: Occasion Brands is a well-capitalized, highly profitable e-commerce company offering the largest selection of special occasion dresses online at Promgirl.com and SimplyDresses.com. Our mission is to create trust with customers at an early age and support them during some of the most important moments of their lives. We are changing the process of buying special occasion formalwear into one that is fun, easy and that brings happiness and joy to the doorstep of every customer. The “bringing happiness and joy” thing is what makes us tick - it drives us to lead, inspires us to innovate and keeps us coming back to the office every day.
YOU: An enthusiastic and organized leader ready to bring joy and happiness to customers across the country and around the world. Collaborative by nature. Possessing a sense of humor. You excel at thinking ahead and love to work independently. Passionate about customer experience and its importance to a company's success. You take occasional crazy in stride because, after all, you're helping to bring happiness and joy to customers during some of the most important moments of their lives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We need someone who can think fast. Someone who can identify what the next step of a process is without hand holding. Someone whose primary skillset is problem-solving and adapting processes to promote the continued growth of our company and continuously delivers the best consumer experience possible.
Reporting to the Order Processing Manager, the Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate and work with teams organization-wide to execute short and long-term operations goals, focusing on daily tasks necessary in getting us there
- Support all company activities at our 3rd party-managed fulfillment center and serve as a direct point-of-contact for Occasion Brands departments
- Continually communicate efficiently and effectively with team members at the warehouse and across the Occasion Brands organization
- Carry out sizing reports, inventories and stock checks for various departments and team members
- Create and maintain a daily log that includes inspection results for all damaged returns
- Ensure our customers are content with the packages they receive by inspecting incoming shipments with warehouse staff to ensure consistency in quality and ensure products are being properly barcoded
- Help make our fulfillment center a fun and positive environment that is organized and gets our customer orders shipped in the timeframe promised
- Work and efficiently communicate with a local dry cleaning company dealing with damaged products that need to be fixed
- Contribute ideas to improve the customer experience and internal efficiencies.
- Work out of our North Bergen, NJ fulfillment center 5 days a week
The role is based in North Bergen, New Jersey.
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Fluency in English (and Spanish strongly preferred)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Naturally organized, taking pleasure in paying attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer and internet proficiency, especially email, web applications and Microsoft Excel, with the ability to learn company specialized software
- Multi-tasker who can think fast and effectively resolve problems while remaining professional, personable and outgoing
- Forward independent thinking; Ability to ascertain the next step of a process and achieve desired results, without specific instruction
- Experience working with apparel in retail or a warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to recognize and identify components of garments(preferably formal wear), as well as defects associated with sewing construction, color matching or design
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time
- Driver's license with a clean record and a willingness to work out of our warehouse in North Bergen, NJ and travel to Delaware and NYC (Times Square) offices as needed
- Enjoy working with a team but able to work independently as needed.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance with low contributions from employees
- Employee discounts
- Free snacks and coffee (occasional company lunches too, cuz why not?!)
- A culture that is family oriented, fun and a little out there (annual spirit week? CHECK. Flashpoll Friday CHECK.)
BY THE WAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.