In 1998 we started our first website, PromGirl.com, with a simple premise: people should have access to the top special occasion dresses and they should be able to shop for them online.
Fast forward to 2017 and Occasion Brands has become the leading special occasion retailer online with two brands - PromGirl and SimplyDresses. We are growing and have plans to introduce new special occasion stores online under the Occasion Brands umbrella. We’re also bringing the PromGirl experience offline as we make preparations to open up a pop-up store in 2018.
The Product Management Intern will assist in researching and collecting information from users and then analyzing said data to collaborate with developers, designers, and operations teams to identify improvements for all domains. In this role, you will gain experience in product management, market research, competitive analysis, and critical problem-solving.
- Work with the product development team to determine the information we want to collect from users.
- Assist in the development of user surveys and/or interview scripts
- Compile and analyze data using Google Analytics
- Assist in the creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, describing the users’ end-to-end interactions with the product being developed
- Assist in creating low-fidelity wireframes for features we want to build on our sites
- User experience and usability research
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to convey complex solutions into consumable tasks that are easy to understand
- Ability to work independently with changing requirements
- Experience working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and/or Google docs
- Experience with Photoshop and Balsamiq and Gliffy a plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum a plus
- College credit and a small monthly travel stipend
- Program Dates
- The spring semester runs January 29th-May 11th but start/end dates are flexible
- Typical internships are 15-18 hours/week over 2-3 days