We are seeking a well-written, super-organized, self-motivated e-commerce Content Writer to join our established but fast growing company and impact our business with their writing and technical proofreading skills.
As an e-commerce Content Writer you will be a part of the Merchandising Operations team and write product copy for our family of e-commerce sites. The primary focus will be to create product information and develop copy that entices and engages our customers. In addition, you’ll need to proofread your work and the work of others to ensure 100% spelling and grammar accuracy and to be certain that the copy is on brand. The ultimate objective? Highlight product attributes while focusing on capturing customer attention and using best SEO practices and techniques to make sure our content remains relevant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and proofread compelling, accurate, and on-brand e-commerce product copy
- Write high volume creative product descriptions for e-Commerce sites
- Self-edit and proofread copy to ensure that the message speaks to the target audience, is consistent, grammatically correct, adheres to the in-house style guides and has the appropriate brand voice
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices and persuade the customer to purchase
- Uphold high standards for proper grammar usage and sentence structure for all written communication
- Work with other team members to add products to and maintain our extensive online catalog
- Communicate the most accurate product information
- Work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams including external partners
- Work on and tasks as needed to assist the Merchandising Operations team with making sure our products are displayed in the best way possible
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & TRAITS:
- Documented experience in writing Web copy
- Product writing knowledge and prior SEO experience is essential!
- BA in English, journalism, communications or related field
- Solid time management skills – you will be working with team members often prioritizing multiple projects at once
- Naturally organized, thorough and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills (oral/written)
- SEO and other digital marketing experience is a plus
WHAT ARE YOU GETTING YOURSELF INTO?
- Benefits! (Awesome health insurance plans with low contribution from employee, no cost life insurance, employee discounts, pre-tax commuting benefits)
- An energetic team that likes to laugh and have fun
- The opportunity to think creatively and have a direct impact on our business
- A casual work environment that values honesty and innovation over a dress code
- Free coffee and snacks
INTERESTED? PLEASE SUBMIT THE INFORMATION BELOW TO GET STARTED!
- Cover letter, explaining why you are a great fit
- Salary requirements
- Candidates should be prepared to submit a portfolio of writing examples that contains an SEO writing sample