In 1998 we started our first website, PromGirl.com, with a simple premise: people should have access to the top special occasion dresses and they should be able to shop for them online.
Fast forward to 2017 and Occasion Brands has become the leading special occasion retailer online with two brands - PromGirl and SimplyDresses. We are growing and have plans to introduce new special occasion stores online under the Occasion Brands umbrella. We’re also bringing the PromGirl experience offline as we make preparations to open up a pop-up store in 2018.
The Occasion Brands Our editing and digital asset team is seeking an intern for the Spring 2018 semester. This is the perfect opportunity for a budding photographer or artist to learn the ins and outs of creative production in the e-commerce industry. As a member of our team you will have an immediate impact on our business and see your creative work come to life. If you are an independent, creative problem solver and like to laugh, Occasion Brands is the place for you.
- Assist Photo Team with tasks in Adobe Photoshop such as retouching, color correcting, and any other editing for our product/editorial imagery etc. (Being very organized with spreadsheets helps too!)
- Assist with tasks in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign such as social media content, printed collateral, marketing material etc. (Being handy with a guillotine paper trimmer helps too!)
- Design and photography research to help the Photo team incorporate current visual trends to produce an up-to-date aesthetic to better target our core demographic
- Collaborate and brainstorm with the Marketing and Media Teams to enrich the customer experience through our images
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate college program (photography program preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop)
- Enthusiastic and excited to work with a team
- Be an independent, creative problem solver!
- Strong communication skills that are consistent and clear
- Good judgment when interpreting instructions
- Exercise the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
**Please include work samples or a link to your personal portfolio website with your application.**
- College credit and a small monthly travel stipend
- Program Dates
- The spring semester runs January 29th-May 11th but start/end dates are flexible
- Typical internships are 15-18 hours/week over 2-3 days