Want to play a lead role in building out one of the largest special occasion retailers in the country? Are you a social media junkie with a passion for connecting with current and potential customers online? Are premier customer experiences important to you? Do you take pride in your ability to tell compelling stories online? Do you want to have a direct impact on some of the most important events a person will experience? If you answered yes to these questions, read on.
THE COMPANY: Occasion Brands is a well capitalized, highly profitable ecommerce company offering the largest selection of special occasion dresses online at Promgirl.com and SimplyDresses.com. Our mission is to create trust with customers at an early age and support them during some of the most important moments of their lives. We are changing the process of buying special occasion formal wear into one that is fun, easy and that brings happiness and joy to the doorstep of every customer. The “bringing happiness and joy” thing is what makes us tick - it drives us to lead, inspires us to innovate and keeps us coming back to the office every day.
YOU: An energetic and engaging social media guru ready to bring joy and happiness to customers across the country and around the world. Collaborative by nature. Possessing a sense of humor. You are a social media junkie and derive intense joy from building communities online and inspiring them to engage. Passionate about customer experience and its importance to a company's success. You take occasional crazy in stride because, after all, you're helping to bring happiness and joy to customers during some of the most important moments of their lives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We need someone who has the ability to see the big picture and inspire others with leadership skills. Someone whose primary skillset is developing all-encompassing marketing strategies that promote the continued growth of our company and continuously deliver the best consumer experience possible.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Play a critical role in defining and executing the PromGirl social media strategy with a strong focus on visual channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest
- Develop and manage the Social Media Calendar
- Create and publish content to reach the target audience on all social media channels
- Capture and report on relevant performance metrics for all channels (awareness, engagement, reach, site traffic, member acquisition and revenue)
- Work very closely with our Creative team to provide insights on what’s working, and what’s not, on our social channels
- Drive social media landscape research to develop a competitive advantage for the PromGirl brand
- Understand how social impacts SEO and stay abreast of algorithmic changes and platform updates across social sites
- Drive employee participation with Social Media channels and work with employees to uncover ‘content’ we can repurpose across various social platforms
- Work cross functionally (with Merchandising, Product and other marketing channel owners) to execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Establish Quarterly goals, strategies, initiatives, and metrics
- Serve as a Social Marketing “Best Practices” expert for the organization - monitor and share trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
The role is based in NYC (Times Square).
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Education: a bachelor's degree from a four-year college
- Minimum 3-5 years Marketing experience with at least 2 focused in Social Marketing
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Professional experience managing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and other emerging channels with a strong knowledge of their participants and how to maximize each platform for campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of the social space and ability to learn the competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentations)
- Ability to speak in the tone of the brand
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of the social space and ability to learn the competitive environment of division
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to changing requirements and technologies
- Experience with web analytics and comfort level communicating with IT and technical areas
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side and able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) a plus but not required
- Extra credit: Knowledge of the teen space
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance with low contributions from employees
- Employee discounts
- Free snacks and coffee (occasional company lunches too, cuz why not?!)
- A culture that is family oriented, fun and a little out there (annual spirit week? CHECK. Flashpoll Friday CHECK.)
BY THE WAY...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.